Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Get Your Glaze On

Have you seen what people are doing with glaze these days?


Mandi at Vintage Revivals used glaze on these mirror frames and desk.  The glaze worked so well to give some character to newly painted pieces.



Brooke at All Things Thrifty is a glazing expert (see this post and this post) and created this night stand with a glaze application.  I love how all the carved details are accentuated with the glaze. 

I've been really interested in the idea of glazing furniture for a couple of months now, so when I stumbled upon this post last night about a glazing clearance sale going on at Home Depot, I had to check it out.

Since the glaze clearance post was almost a month old, I decided to make a few phone calls first to see if any of my local Home Depots had any inventory left.  I hit the jackpot on my fourth call when I was informed that 4 gallons of the Ralph Lauren Glaze were in stock at a Home Depot 15 minutes from home.  I wasn't sure of the price, but I figured it would be good.  I bundled the kiddos up, hopped in the car and came home with this:

2 gallons and 1 quart of glaze for a total cost of $3.00.  The quart was already tinted a white color, and I had one of the gallons tinted black and another tinted brown.

I've been told that I have a lifetime supply of glaze now.  Yippee!!  Time to get my glaze on!


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with your new glazes. There are so many possibilities with your new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can experiment in my spare bedroom - like that second picture. :)

    ReplyDelete