Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our Pet: Profiled

Today, we have two pets.  They are goldfish named Boris and Tropicana.  Tropicana is feeling a little sick as of late.  Sick enough that I found myself googling, "Should I and How Do I Put a Fish Out of its Misery" last night. 

Santa brought the kids Boris, and although he started out a big, boring fish, he really came out of his shell scales when we introduced Tropicana to the fish bowl in late February.  She is normally a perky, bright orange thing, and we named her after the orange juice, Tropicana.  

Since I'm not sure how long she'll be with us, I decided to dedicate a piece of household art to her:).

Here's what you need to make a profile of any pet, although I prefer the look of kiddo profiles, which you'll also see (I made them last fall):

You need: profile image you wish to create, white card stock, black construction paper, a pencil, a scissors, a glue stick and a frame.  (I used this frame from Ikea, which I like because of the shadow box effect it has, but any frame will work.)

Just cut around the image, trace it on the black construction paper, cut out the black version of the image and glue it down onto a piece of white card stock that is cut to fit in the frame.  Place it into the frame and wa-la: easy peasy personalized artwork!

Here is the finished product:


And here is my collection of three profiles we now have hanging in our dining room:

Lucky, Charm and Tropicana are looking good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment