Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Tisket, a Tasket, a Wall Full of Baskets

While at West Elm a few months back, I came across a display of baskets hung on the wall similar to this:
Decorative Bowl Wall Art
Courtesy of West Elm

This image inspired me to go on a serious basket hunt so I could take this wall in our dining room up a notch:

And now:
 
 

 
 

These baskets are collected from Home Goods, Target (including the one I found here), and a few are from thrift stores.  The total for all the baskets is about $60.  I don't think that's too bad, considering a single piece of Home Goods art for the wall would be at least that price. 

As an aside, we have major 'hole in the wall' phobia around here, so this entire collection is being held up by 3M Command Hooks (what would we do without them?).  Once I can convince my husband that I'm serious about keeping the collection up for awhile, I'm hoping we can replace one of those hooks with a nail.  Seriously, honey, the duct tape over the white 3M Hook in this picture is a nice thought, but it's not going to cut it for much longer:


We need a nail.  In the wall.  Hopefully, updated pictures will follow soon:).

2 comments:

  1. I personally really like the creative use of 3M products. Who needs nails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we'll talk when you get home:).

    ReplyDelete