Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I should have made a 'Happy Father's Day' post last Friday, but I may have been on vacation all last week, so it totally slipped my mind!!  I have been very blessed to have been raised by a stellar father (and mother too:))!  I definitely learned the importance of education from my dear dad, a retired high school administrator.  I also learned the importance of hard work, completing tasks thoroughly and to the best of my ability.  After all, "Once a task has once begun, never leave it til it's done.  If a task is great or small, do it well or not at all."  I've heard my dad say that countless times, and it's repeated itself in my head many, many times as well.  Anyway, I love you Pa!  Happy Dad's Day!

And to my hubby, Happy Father's Day to you!!  Our kids are so lucky to have you as their Daddy. 

Bill got to sleep in yesterday morning, and then he decided he wanted to build something with help from the kids, so they made this:

A 2 ft x 2 ft x 4 ft garage box on casters (and with a handle even) to store toys! 


(We still have some toy organizing to do:))

I am so impressed by how precisely the box came together.  I have no idea on the cost of this one, as the idea was Bill's alone, and he made the Home Depot/Walmart trips to pick up the parts.  All I know is that I really, really want to spend some time on Ana's website: Knock Off Wood right now...you know, now that I'm aware I'm living with a carpenter and all:)!!

Thanks Bill, you're amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment