Friday, June 22, 2012

My New Favorite Chair

We finally completed a little chair project that we started last fall.  I picked up a chair on Craigslist last summer for about $30 (At the same place we bought our credenza.)  The best before picture that I have is this one:

It was taken after we primed it and before we spray painted it with Rustoleum's Night Tide.

The cushions were originally butterscotch naugahyde that looked like this:

Now, the chair looks like this:

It's living in the basement right now, and it makes me smile every time I see it!  I did all the upholstery work on it, and Bill helped me screw it all together.  

I used the same chenille houndstooth fabric on my entry chairs:





I bought up quite a bit of that fabric when it was less than $4/yard, and I still love it!!

Thanks for reading!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

  1. That's it... I'm on a mission to do something with houndstooth fabric. I love it so!! The pouf (of course) is amazing, but the twist of using it under your Christmas tree is really pretty. Graphic prints seem to be EVERYWHERE right now, but the houndstooth plays on that trend while still being classic. The new chair is great and I really like the fabric combined with a fun color. Nicely done!

    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I can't wait to see the houndstooth project in your future:)!

      Delete
  2. what did you use to make the shelves in the reading nook? Crown molding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the information for the reading nook can be seen at this link: http://sunshineontheinside.blogspot.com/2012/02/charms-new-shelves.html

      Please email with any additional questions!

      Delete
  3. How did you make the shelves for the reading nook? I would love to do that for my sons playroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teisea,
      All the information on the play shelves can be found here: http://sunshineontheinside.blogspot.com/2012/02/charms-new-shelves.html

      Feel free to comment/email with any additional questions.

      Have fun!

      Delete