Monday, February 18, 2013

My Birthday is a Coming!

I always like to do a little round up of birthday present ideas at this time of year to help out my sweet husband in the present buying department:).

Here are some ideas in no particular order:

1. A House Blessing.  It's no secret we've had a bit of 'bad luck' since moving into our Sunshine Home.  (Read here and here for more.)  Since we purchased our home as a foreclosure, it sort of feels like a good house blessing is in order.  We've never done this before, but I figure it can't hurt!

2. Letter Cut Outs:


Bill actually picked up a set of these last week for me as an early birthday present.  He used a coupon at Joann's:).  Lucky, Charm and I used them to cut letters out of fruit for homemade conversation hearts that I saw online here.

3. Life Sized Baby Giraffe:


I've loved this giraffe for a long time.  It reminds me of my tall and lanky family.  It may also fit really well in a little carnival themed project I'd like to tackle.  The price dropped down to $45 around Christmas time, so I've been watching it to see if it will drop in price again.  


4. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson


A humorous read sounds like the perfect vacation book to me!!


5. Tiger Tshirt


Unfortunately, I needed to have more wide excisions to remove atypical moles in the past month.  It definitely brought back all the emotions from my experience with melanoma last year, and it left me another huge scar on my left arm and two smaller scars on my right arm.  I decided that if anyone asks me what happened, I'm going to say that I jumped in a tiger pit at the zoo to save a small child, and the tiger swiped me as I handed the child to safety.  Totally believable, right?  I think this tiger shirt could help me sell the story.  

Also, Lucky's basketball team name is the Orange Tigers.  Also, breakfast really is important.  And 2010 was actually a good year.  Finally, I like the rainbow on the shirt, because a rainbow usually follows a storm, and I'm hopeful that this little skin cancer storm will end soon.  Did you hear that, skin o' mine?  No more weirdness already.


6. Ipod dock and radio

I'd love something like this for our kitchen counter to replace the cheapo clock radio we have there now.  Being able to listen to my Ipod without ear plugs would be wonderful, especially combined with a radio option!!  Target offers lots of similar options in store too.




This book by Jonathan Adler would be lovely, but a trip to his Minneapolis store would be even better:)!!


8. Target Floor Lamp:


I love this lamp!  It reminds me of something you'd see at Restoration Hardware only on a much, much smaller scale and a much more reasonable price.  I can totally picture my kids performing in this 'spotlight':)!! (Sidenote:  Does anyone else feel like everything at Restoration Hardware is amazingly oversized?  I feel like a little kid in that store!!)


9. Whole Green Catalog:


This book looks just like something I'd enjoy reading:).  


10. One Vanilla Angel Donut (Or Three Heaven Donuts):
I grew up in a town that had a Mr. Donut.  That store offered the most perfect donut creation: The Vanilla Angel.  It was round with powdered sugar on it and was filled with a fluffy vanilla frosting.  Since leaving my hometown, I've been on the quest to find a similar donut.  I think I loved it partially because it tasted divine and partially because it reminds me of my youth...we used to have these donuts after almost every morning basketball practice in Junior High School.

We recently uncovered a similar donut locally at Kwik Trip of all places.  It's not the exact same donut because it's a long john and has vanilla icing on the top instead of being round with powdered sugar on the outside, but the filling is exactly the same.  I call this donut the Heaven Donut, because it's so good they must serve it in Heaven!!

My quest for the Vanilla Angel continues, so in the meantime I'd be okay with a single Heaven Donut.  (I don't need 33 of them, Bill.  That'd be crazy.  When you bought me 30 donuts three years ago, I really loved it, but 33 would be too much.  One would do just fine.  Or three.  Actually, three would be perfect because then I could share:).)


I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Stay tuned for a little basement play house update that I plan to post later this week.

3 comments:

  1. let's pretend this never happened looks awesome just from the cover! fun list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree...that cover is hilarious:).

      Delete