Friday, September 19, 2014

Globe Trotters

Well, we didn't get that far, but we had quite a busy summer including an Alaskan adventure!  We are all settling into a new fall routine as the school year has begun and fall has returned in all it's crisp air, leave changing glory.  I'm hoping to share more adventures in home decorating and parenting on a weekly basis throughout the school year as I really do enjoy crafting and picture taking and sharing in general.  We'll see how it goes!

Here's a quick project I just tackled in 15 minutes this morning while sweet Clover was napping upstairs.  Chalkboard globes are all the rage these days.  See here and here for examples.

I had already made Charm a chalkboard globe over three years ago!  And I decided I wanted to change it up a bit by permanently painting the outlines of the countries on the globe.  That way, Charm could use chalk to mark his superhero's journeys or treasure hiding locations, etc, and the map wouldn't wipe away when it was time for a new adventure.

I found a globe at Marshall's for $24.99 that had a loose hand drawn country rendering that I was going to use as my guide, along with a Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pen:


I actually bought the small Marshall's globe to use as a guide with the intent to return it, but I soon discovered that it was easier to grab a real globe (of which I already own a few:)) and use it as my guide since the scale was the same as my big chalkboard globe.  (So buying the Marshall's globe was pointless, except the return of the globe will force me back to Marshall's which is never a bad thing:)!)

(And as an aside, ignore the kitchen mess.  If I'm going to blog, I've got to be okay with messy backgrounds now and then.  The wine glasses were left over from book club the night (or two) before, and I decided to paint country lines on a globe (that I had previously painted over the country lines on) instead of washing those wine glasses.  My priorities make total sense...to me anyway.)

I also discovered it was easier to make a pencil tracing to start instead of going straight for the paint pen.  I only erased my pencil line in one or two places, but it was nice to have that option.


And here's my finished product to be added to Mr. Charm's Superhero room that has been in the works for a LONG time.

So much more to come!



12 comments:

  1. I’d must check with you here. Which is not one thing I normally do! I enjoy studying a publish that can make individuals think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!voucher codes australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the knowledge I am finding all over the place. Thanks for your weblog, I subscribe your weblog. This is a pleasant weblog. cheap column radiators

    ReplyDelete
  3. Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing. Steroids UK online shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blog and articles. I am really very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. sheep mineral drench

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, as long as the traits are used for positive and logical actions it will bring you the positive impacts as well. What a wonderful defines this topic and engage with the readers. I find very great things that important to contribute to the good formation. Online steroid shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly fully understand what you're talking about, and I can truly get behind that. thank you for all the great content. Portable Toilets Gloucester

    ReplyDelete
  7. You truly did more than visitors’ expectations. Thank you for rendering these helpful, trusted, edifying and in addition cool thoughts on the topic. cannabis extraction businessplan Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, Cannabis business ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your site is one of the beautiful place and I am delighted to find some more information about its natural beauty. Now I am much excited to visit it. hemp nursery business plan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ll immediately snatch your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me recognize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.beach home decor wholesale

    ReplyDelete